Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hugs from God

For as long as I can remember I have referred to the simple moments in life, the little, mini blessings, as hugs from God. The past few years have been exceptionally difficult for our family and I have come to appreciate these little blessings so much more. It is so humbling and overwhelming to truly experience how intimately God knows me and how He desires to love me in the simplest of details. It can be as small as a front row parking space on the day I have to force myself to run and errand, when all I really want to do is crawl back in bed. It can be as awesome as the most encouraging call ever when you really feel like the Guinness Book of World Records biggest LOSER!!! Yes, I know in my head "God will never leave you or forsake you Det. 31:6," a lot of us know this, but admit it, some days it just plain feels like we are all alone in this gig. Life is hard and some days you just don't feel like putting up the fight. I know, I have been so spiritually tired it is a struggle to breathe in and out. This is exactly why hugs from God are so precious to me. These hugs carry me. These hugs are God breathing holy air into my spiritually exhausted soul so that I can carry on. Tonight was one of those nights. I am so moved with thankfulness and awe of God's love. You know the saying, "God is never early, God is never late, He is always right on time" tonight was one of those moments. I am simply overwhelmed by His love for me and His impeccable attention to detail. Oh yes, God loves me in the details and I will always treasure these as Hugs from Him.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment