Saturday, July 31, 2010

What if...

A few months ago I began reading the book So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore. It has now been added to Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love, as one of the two books in my humble but accurate opinion, that should be required reading for every breathing woman!!! 

Wow, it really was amazing. I can honestly say, God is truly using this book to really begin a great and deeply needed change in my life. I could go on and on about all the many things that spoke to me throughout this book, but I'm only going to highlight my greatest treasure from the whole book. You see, it spoke so clearly to me and ministered to me in such a way, I really want Sara, from Sara's Art* House to paint it for me, really huge, to hang above my fireplace. That way I can be reminded daily of His love for me and His desire for me to live the ABUNDANT life.

I'm just going to quote it exactly like Beth put it.... 
"Insecurity feeds like a starving wolf off fear of the future- and not just the distant future of aging, infirmity, or death. Insecurity fears what might happen later today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Next week. Next year. Next decade. Its constant mantra is, 'What will I do if...?' Fear of the future makes people settle for things in the present that completely defy abundant life. It also insults the grace of God that will be piled in heaps for us when hardship comes. We agonize over how we'll possibly make it, yet all the while we can glance over our shoulders and see where God has carried us. And often through worse that what we're afraid of now.
 When you feel that familiar panic begin to rise in your heart like a river coursing its banks and your soul begins to roll with another round of 'What will I do if...?' what would happen if you were willing to hear the voice of God whisper these inaudible words?
 Child, you are asking the wrong question. Here's the one that would assuage your fears:"
This is what I want Sara to paint
"What will God do if...?"
This is what Beth has to say about how God would answer that question...
 "Here's a smattering of answers to that mighty good question.
I, the Maker of heaven and earth, will:
 perfect everything that concerns you (Psalm 138:8, KJV).
work all things together for your good (Romans 8:28).
contend with those who contend with you (Isaiah 49:25).
fight this battle for you (2 Chronicles 20:15).
equip you with divine power (2 Corinthians 10:4).
delight to show you mercy (Micah 7:18).
meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
give you grace that is perfectly sufficient (2Corinthians 12:9).
do immeasurably more than all you could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within you (Ephesians 3:20)."
Wow, this totally leaves me breathless. Our God is SOOOO GOOD!!!

As I said earlier, I read Beth's book several months ago, but this morning I began to feel that sneaky very familiar feeling of panic begin to rise within me...What will I do if...? What if this happens again...? What if...?!!! I am so thankful God has given us His word to fight the advances of the one who comes to steal, kill and destroy our joy, our peace, our ABUNDANT LIFE. Jesus says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the FULL" (John 10:10). I have to say it again, MY GOD IS SO GOOD!!! Praise the Lord, I can go on today, refreshed, assured, and confidently at peace, knowing, He loves me...He is in control...and everything will ultimately, according to His will, not just be okay, but will be perfect in His time.

I sure hope Sara is up to painting this, or I'll be forced to scribble it on the wall!!!
                                          
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. God is so good! What a great post. I have read Redeeming Love, but not the Beth Moore one, altho I have heard so many great things about it. I would love to paint for you!!!!!!!!!

    I am not doing any rush orders, tho :) God has been showing me that my family comes first and I have REALLY scaled back on my business- basically doing a painting a month (I know! That is not much at all) but I could not in good conscience keep things up as they were. My kids need me!

    ReplyDelete